Living in this part of the country aka The Bay Area, it is hard to have both. Sure there are some that already have both a wedding and own a house and I am truly happy for them. But for us in our situation we just can not survive and be able to do both(maybe not even 1), and this breaks my heart.
The average wedding in the SF Bay is about $40,000 and the average price of a home in the SF Bay is $650,000. That 40,000 is a chunk of the down payment for a house. Even condo’s we were looking at are around 650,000. So being that the price of a wedding is a good portion of a down payment for a house it just doesn’t make sense.
I have compiled a few situations and I would love for you to tell me your thoughts:
- Rent for the rest of our lives (or until we no longer have to) and slowly save our pennies to eventually be able to pay for our wedding. Who knows maybe a few years after that we will be able to afford a down payment.
- Just get a marriage certificate and all the money we save go for a down payment.
- Move to other side of the Bay where houses are cheaper..but then we have to both commute across the bridge when we work separate shift therefore adding more gas cost and bridge tolls. Which to me is pointless to save money on rent or mortgage to throw it right back to the commute.
- If we move out of this state life would be cheaper but then the field of work we are both in pays best here in the Bay Area. Not to mention we work for a cool company and if they moved out of state and offered us salary cuts by a reasonable amount.. We would accept.
- Save save and by land big enough to through our wedding on and a prefab manufactured home which would cost way less than a regular home for sale.
- Last but not least is very simple: Stop Complaining and Make Shit Happen!
All I know is that life will work out just the way it is supposed to (and that’s how I will begin and end this closing paragraph). I have had this epiphany and I hope that it sticks. My epiphany has to do with money and food to begin. Epiphany Title: “Time to Grow Up!” I have been trying to lose weight for the longest time and now I just need to stop being so hard headed and stick to a new lifestyle also mix in some exercise. When it comes to money I have always had a spending problem (kind of comes with anxiety, depression, and retail therapy as the temporary solution) and I really want to learn how to save my money. I have been reading day in and day out how I could make both of these items happens. Normally I would make list and plans of how I could make this happen but I really just need to make it happen. Just get it done and update y’all along the way. No matter what anxiety puts into my mind my heart knows to have faith and trust in God and the life He has for me.
I love and appreciate you guys. Please don’t forget to make life AMAZING and STOP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS!
Come Say Hi:
Snap Chat: toria415