I am not good at holding to my NYR’s so I don’t really ever list them to myself. For 2016 I had a NYR to gain more experiences and boy oh boy did I ever fulfill that NYR to my heart’s content.
From Mardi Gras to a road trip through the midwest my year was full of excitement and new experiences. Even though this year was full of downers it was a balanced year full of uppers so I am willing to state and try for NYR’s of 2017.
The problem with NYR’s is that if you fail to meet your own high expectations you set the year off on a bad note. So to avoid any anxiety or depression that will stem from failing myself with things such as lose weight, get pregnant and so on.. I am taking the non serious route.. Nothing that will seem life altering and if I don’t succeed this year I may not want to give up on life.
- Use EBATEs more to shop online- Ebates is an app for you phone or computer that allows you earn back money when you shop online. I figure why not if I am such and avid online shopper.. It would only give me something back in return. Also Ebates is really good at letting you see coupon codes and discounts for stores when available as well.
- Try a gel manicure- I always get acrylic on my nails and I love them so much but it is hard to type accurately and I have two jobs that I need to constantly type with. I have been wanting to try the gel or shellac manicure for a while but two issues do come to mind… 1. my stubby little fingers get help in elongation from the acrylic nails and 2. the acrylic nails last 2 weeks sometimes longer and I am hoping that the I will not need to do a manicure every week.. I am willing to give it a fair shot of at least a month or two and if not I will simply go back to acrylics!
- Travel Somewhere New- In 2016 I tried to make it all about experiencing new things and I want to continue that in 2017. Including traveling to see 3 new places just to taste the food and see the sights.. The ones I have in mind are the following(just to name a few):
- Denver, CO
- Philadelphia, PA
- Austin, TX
- Alcatraz- yes I am from SF but no I have never been!!
- Taste the Pancake Souflee- I posted a blog all about food on the west coast that I want to try and yes I want to try all of them but if I only get to one this year it must be Bette’s Diner in Berkley!
- Finally Grow Up- only a little bit if I feel like it haha.. I am in no way saying I will give up all the child inspired things I am fond of like Disney, Sailor Moon, mermaids, unicorns, magic, Santa, or any of my sparkle.. But I am saying that I might want to put more money into my savings, eat a little healthier, work out, go back to school, using skincare, or you know put a little more thought into “adulting”
There you have it my 5 resolutions to attempt this year.. sure they are minimal and yes there is many more things I could include but again why set myself or my year up for failure. More than anything I just want to work hard and enjoy my life and give my loved ones the best everyday!
Come Say Hi: