Fall is here! Now that I have moved from California to Illinois where seasons are a real thing.. My fall wardrobe needs to be on point.
I am used to just trying to be cute (not warm) because in the Bay Area we have cloudy days but never cold enough to wear a parka and then we have sunny days but never hot enough to leave home without a light coat. Both of these days could take a turn and become scorching or freezing at any moment. To top it off these days happen year round for the Bay.. and for most of the year it was perfect blue skies that is sunny with a breeze..
Fall time to me is more than pumpkin spice life… it marks the beginning of Halloween movies and leads up to my birthday. I know for most it means boots and sweaters maybe a scarf, hat, and glove set but for me there are multiple days during summer when I wear my boots and sweaters. My dad always said “the coldest winter I ever felt is summer in San Francisco.”
Last year for my birthday we flew into Chicago and drove through Indiana to spend time in Cincinnati.. In fact if you click >>THIS<< you can see the vlog from that bday trip. I got my first taste of a real fall season and it was really #SWEATERWEATHER..
So now I am going to show you what OOTD’s I have taken that look good for fall. My “FALL WARDROBE ALREADIES”… and I will follow up with a few “FALL WARDROBE NEWBIES”!
DISCLAIMER…. I AM SUPER AWKWARD AT OOTD POSES >_<
Lets start with a couple casual head to toe outfits:
- A chic plaid tunic with denim trim is perfect with cognac over the knee boots and a tan puffer coat for the fall days it gets chilly.. I get that farmhouse cute vibe here!
- I used a velvet button up blouse as my light “jacket” over an all black basics (leggings and cami tank) and to spruce it up I threw on black booties with gold details.. I love the vampy feel of the velvet and what is more fall than vampy!
- I love a tshirt dress and truly think they are the perfect item for the spring-fall seasons and this one being black and white stripes gives off a Halloween look.. and of course I love my sneakers all year round! All I need is a cute leatherette jacket to keep me warm.
The next few outfits are from when I worked in business casual office and utilize the “casual” aspect to dress cute but comfy with my leggings.. lol
- I loved this lined sweater/jacket because it was warm but not sweaty and I would take it and throw it over a tshirt like in the pic and it looks great.
- Layering is something that helps with the temp difference from summer to fall. This photo I took a long striped lightweight button up tank and put a light knit sweater over it to give it that preppy business casual look. Also the jacket is a fleece peacoat because a traditional peacoat made of wool is just a bit to heavy for me. I sweat easily!
- I adore pink in the fall for two reasons.. 1. My birthday is in October and my fave color has always been pink especially being that one of my birthstones is rose quartz.. 2. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month (pink ribbons) and this specific form of cancer has impacted my family including my mom and I typically try to wear pink almost everyday in October! In this photo I am wearing leggings but a beautiful floral print with pink… again I threw on a great jacket this pink leatherette jacket and black tshirt!
Throughout the whole year sweatshirts or jumpers and tshirts are huge part of my wardrobe but when it comes to fall and winter I normally go ham and stock up!
- I have sweatshirts that I make on >>Customized Girl<< and this one was for Gen Beauty by Ipsy in SF with my IG/Twitter on it.. So cute and of course it has pink!
- I love food printed on everything (going to post a blog about all the food items I have) this french fry crew neck is amazing!
- Who doesn’t love Selena first of all and if I can find more tshirts with her on it best believe she will become my uniform for life!
I know over the knee boots, Ugg’s, and sneakers are the typical fall staple shoes but am I crazy for wanting to wear my fuzzy sandals (yes I wear them with amazing socks!!) all year round.. okay maybe not during the snow time but how would I know since I have yet to experience living in snow!
And there you have some of my past OOTD’s that I consider good looks for the fall I.. my “ALREADIES” << is this a new word lol! I hope y’all enjoyed this and I can’t wait to show you some “NEWBIES” for fall when they start to arrive. Are there any stores you would like to see me try out?
I love you guys so much and thank you reading!
Come Say Hi:
Snap Chat @toria415
YouTube >>PRETTY TORIA<<